Thursday, October 30, 2014

Communicating Competently

   First of all, I am excited to begin this class on communication and collaboration.  It is such an essential part of being an educator, particularly in early childhood when children are at their prime developmental years.

  The most effective communicator I know is my grandfathers.  He speaks to committees and groups at length helping to find funding for nonprofit organizations.  He is knowledgeable, understandings, and approachable.  I believe his knowledge helps increase his effectiveness as a communicator.  He is very good at speaking to people with various backgrounds and diverse cultures.

  I would like to model many of my communication behaviors after him.  I think the balance he exhibits with respect to passion and cooperation during communication is such a great quality as a leader and communicator.  Being effective in reaching various cultural groups is also another quality I admire and hope to be effective with in my communications.

  I look forward to learning and hearing from all my classmates!

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, How inspirational your grandfather must be! Thank you for sharing, sounds like a whole generation or two could still learn from him!

    ReplyDelete