Sunday, October 26, 2014

Summing Up Diversity and Equity in Early Childhood Education

When I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds I hope that I can make a difference in their lives and help them to feel comfortable and welcomed.  I hope that I can learn to discuss the diversity within the classroom without offending any particular group or persons.  I hope I can be an anti-biased educator that leads children to become accepting and equitable people in society.

One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is that each child has the ability to receive an equitable education.  I hope that children can feel respected and equal regardless of economic status, culture, and gender (just to name a few).


I would like to thank my colleagues for being open and honest when sharing personal experiences of discrimination and struggles with equity.  It has helped me learn the value of collaboration and sharing experiences.  I have learned so much from each colleague and will continue to lean on others ideas and values to expand my knowledge of diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment